The Exodus Road coalition primarily exists to empower rescue by advocating on behalf of those working in the field of counter-trafficking with the following three characteristics:
- Operating in SouthEast Asia
- Targeted Interventions (Investigations, Raids, Prosecutions) and/or After-Care
- Nationally-run and/or smaller organizations
To become a member of the coalition, an individual or organization must apply and be accepted. Members are evaluated based a rubric of standards, and once accepted, become immediately eligible for all that The Exodus Road can provide, including:
- Use or provision of professional covert surveillance equipment
- Operational funding for investigations
- Training for investigators by professionals in the field
- Operative care, such as debriefing and counseling, if desired
- Grant funding for investigative cases or projects
- Grant funding for quality after-care for victims
- Relationships with local authorities in certain cities in SE Asia
- Contract salaries for national investigators
- Marketing resources, including blog and social media campaigns
- Access to a network of individuals, organizations, and resources specific to intervention and after-care
- Organizational development assistance for nationally-run organizations
Our goal is to empower others to make investigations and rescues more efficient, more often, and more successful. We are a service to the community in the trenches fighting slavery and do not require anything for membership except the ability to advocate/fundraise on a member’s behalf. When The Exodus Road team is officially running an investigative case, operatives must adhere to our handbook of best practices, as well.
If you are actively working in the field of SE Asia fighting counter-trafficking, specifically through interventions or after-care, consider applying today. To learn more about joining the coalition, click here. For the application to become a member, click here.
Not currently working in SE Asia, but still interested in what our team can provide? We’d still love to connect. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself or your work.